Programme Officer Livelihoods
1 year initial contract, extendable to open ended contract, based in Denpasar, Bali.
VSO is an international non-governmental organisation that works through volunteer professionals to fight global poverty and disadvantage. In Indonesia we work with more then 40 volunteer professionals in the areas of Livelihoods, Disability and Health.
As Programme Officer, you will support the development of the livelihoods programme, working closely with partners and supporting international volunteers.
- Minimum 3 years experience in development projects (palnning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation)
- Experience in using relevant participatory techniques at community and organization level.
- Proven track record in the Indonesian Economic Livelihoods sector and CBNRM
- Excellent written and spoken English and Indonesian
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently
- Able to work with minimal supervision
PLEASE NOTE: CVs will not be considered. All applicants are required to complete a VSO standard application form. To obtain further details and an application form, please send a blank e-mail with subject quoting the reference “PO Livelihoods”, to Melva.Aritonang@vsoint.org. Candidates without access to e-mail may phone (0361) 221717.
Information about VSO is available at www.vso.org.uk.
Deadline for returning application froms: 28 September 2008. Phone interviews will be held on 14 October 2008. Selection day: 22 October 2008.
To keep costs down, only short-listed candidates will be notified.