U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) based in Jakarta is recruiting Indonesian Nationals for the position of EDUCATION PROJECT MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST (Post Code: EDU). Salary starts from Rp. 13,197,479 per month depending on qualifications, experience and salary history.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION: The incumbent is responsible for providing leadership and technical direction for the implementation, management/administration, program monitoring and evaluation of the education program in management and governance, a complex and politically sensitive effort to improve the quality of basic education in public and private schools in Indonesia’s decentralized environment. S/he is active in engaging and negotiating with mid- and senior levels of the Indonesian Government, donor community, private sector and media, including Director Generals within the Ministries of National Education, Religious Affairs and People’s Welfare, Provincial and District officials, as well as leaders of national Islamic organizations. Also, the incumbent actively confers with mid- and senior level staff of USAID implementing partner organizations, as well as with other USG agencies working in education sector. S/he keeps all stakeholder well informed about the project status, identifies ways to resolve complex problems as they arise and strategically collaborates on sustainability and institutionalization of education activities and lessons learned from previous or existing education program including donor activities in the sector.
- Graduated with a Bachelor’s degree (S1 or equivalent) from an accredited University in social sciences, humanities or other related field is required.
- Must have a minimum of seven years of experience in education and/or development work in Indonesia. This experience includes a minimum of 4 years working with a development agency or other international or Indonesian Non Governmental Organization (NGO), donor or education agency.
- Level IV (Fluent) Speaking /reading/written in English and Indonesian is required.
- The incumbent must have the ability to deal effectively with mid and high level representative of the Indonesian Government, US Embassy, and in the USAID Mission.
- Must be willing to travel within Indonesia and regionally by land, sea and air transportation as requested.
- Must have excellent writing and communication skills.
Only short listed candidates will be notified for test and interview. Send letter of application, complete resume in English and supporting documents (in Microsoft Word document format) & please put the post code on the subject of your e-mail to: email@example.com or fax to: 021-3860336
Closing date: September 26, 2008
USAID website: http://indonesia.usaid.gov