The Irish Red Cross-Indonesia Delegation is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Senior Project Officer to assist in the management of the Communication department within the organization. The Senior Project Officer is responsible for the overall function of the print media and communications. This is a 3 months fixed term position (with the possibility of extension) based in Banda Aceh with exyensive travel required throughout the Aceh Province and Nias.
Senior Project Officer – Communication
- University degree in social work, media, sociology, social services or related studies.
- Work experience in community outreach and media management skills.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in community print media including knowledge of print media development, production, distribution, etc.
- Able to work to tight deadlines and schedules.
- Experience working in an international setting, preferably with NGOs or local government settings.
- Well networked with international NGO and Media applications.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office and Internet applications.
- Good informatiion alaysis, report writing, and cross cultural communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English & Bahasa, knowledge of the Aceh language would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and understanding the fundamental principles of the Red Cross Movement.
Applicant who are interested in this position are must be submitted along with your CV, recent photograph, current salary and salary expectations for this position.
Application should be received not later than Saturday 20th September 2008.
Applications should be sent to:
Irish Red Cross – Indonesian Delegation
Attention: HR Officer
IFRC Banda Aceh Office
Jl. Ajuen Jeumpet No. 18 B
Desa Ajuen Jeumpet Kec. Darul Imarah, Aceh Besar
Or by e-mail to email@example.com